- 25 July 2016
Ayam suwir (shredded chicken) is one of my son's favorite foods. We used to take it as a packed meal when traveling because it tastes good, savory, spicy and easy to serve and eat. Ayam suwir is Indonesian food with Indonesian spices. Here is the recipe:
1 kg of chicken, boiled, separate from the bones and finely shredded
200 ml cooking oil
7 kaffir lime leaves
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon salt
Mashed together the following seasoning:
10 cloves garlic
1 nutmeg, sliced
1 tbsp coriander
A pinch of cumin
How to cook:
All spices ready to be mashed
Mix the shredded chicken with mashed seasoning and stir well. Heat oil in a frying pan then put in the shredded chicken, add the lime leaves, pepper, and salt. Stirring continuously until the chicken is browned and somewhat crisp. Probably about 20-25 minutes long if you use a medium heat to fry. Turn off the stove.
Prepare a tray, cover with a piece of oil-absorbing cooking paper, then lift the shredded chicken from the pan, drain the oil and place on the tray. Let it cool, then put the ayam suwir in an airtight container. Ready to be served with rice... Yummy....!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.