What If The Kid Gets Bored?
- Home Educating
- 21 July 2016
What if the kid gets bored of studying?
What if you get bored of working?
Those questions above has the same answer. So if you find your kid is boring, you can introspection, how did you overcome your boredom. Forcing kids to keep learning is not the right way and even tends to be destructive.
Here's what you can do:
1. Tell your kid that he still has to learn in order to successfully pass the exam.
2. Suggest your kid to exchange hours of study with other activities. For example, if he usually studying in the morning, he can exchange it with afternoon playing schedule.
3. Offer your kid whether he want to learn in a different place? For example, in the cafe, public library, or anywhere else that make him learn well without being bored.
4. For some kids, a little change in the room decorations will relieve the boredom. Try to change a little decoration in his room, for example by adding a poster, or buy some new stationeries.
5. Offer the kid to try different ways of learning, such as listening to music if he's been studying in a quiet room.
6. Listen to the kid's complaints! Boredom kids could be because of the relationship between him and his parent is less intimate since there are tensions of prepare for the exam. Chatting casually with the kid in a pleasant atmosphere will restore the spirit of learning.
Parents should create an encouraging relationship with the kid who struggle to prepare himself to succeed in the exam.