Fried Fermented Cassava
- 14 June 2016
A year ago, after moving in Kuala Enok, we enjoyed fried banana served in company housing. They are different from the common fried banana in Java. More crisp, not tough, tastes so mild. My son like it so much. After a year we stay here, I get the secret recipe! In this article, I will write this delicious dough recipe. I used the dough with fermented cassava. You can buy fermented cassava in Indonesian grocery store. But if you can’t get the fermented cassava, you can replace with bananas, shrimp, or tempe.
Fermented cassava has sweet and sour taste, with the taste of alcohol as the fermentation results. But calm down, fried fermented cassava is not alcoholic food, it halal and tasted delicious sweet and sour.
12 tablespoons white rice flour
3 tablespoons starch
150 ml water
A pinch of salt
1 egg, beaten
250 gr fermented cassava
Cooking oil for deep fried
Mix flour, starch, water, salt, and egg. Put in the fermented cassava. Mix well.
Heat the cooking oil in a pan, then put in one tablespoon of batter into the hot cooking oil. Fry stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Serve hot.
Fried fermented cassava is Indonesian snack. In Javanese, we call it “rondo royal”. You should try this recipe!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.