Tofu, Another Awesome Food
- 12 October 2015
Do you know tofu? Tofu is food that made of soybean. Soybean soaked within 8 hours, then in a blender blend the soybean until smooth, give a few vinegar (depends on amount of soybean and water). Then put the mixture into a piece of cloth that placed on top of the mold, let the water drip until the remaining part of the mixture undergo compaction. This compaction process take about 3-4 hours.
Tofu rich of vegetable protein. It is a healthy food that can be meat replacement. There are a lot of recipes using tofu as main ingredient, so there will be no reason to unlike the tofu taste, lol! One of famous tofu recipe in my country is called tahu baxo (tahu=tofu, in Indonesian), it is tofu filled with meat. At this recipe I use prawn, here I write the recipe for you:
10 small tofu (size about 2” x 3” x 1”) , fried
250 gr prawn, peeled, discard the tail
1 spoonful cornflour
Half teaspoon salt
Make hole in the fried tofu as picture below.
In the big bowl, put the prawn, and mashed until smooth. Mix with egg, cornflour, salt, and pepper. Then put the batter into the tofu’s hole until full. Do it to all tofu.
Steam tofu about 20 minutes. Serve while the tahu baxo warm, the taste is so yummy! You can serve tahu baxo with chilli or tomato sauce.
Tasty Tuesdays Linky Party
Dina from Savvy in the Kitchen, Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas, Danielle from Creatively Homespun, Audrey from That Recipe, and Ashley from Forgetful Momma are our co-hosts for October.
Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Linkies for Tasty Tuesdays: The linky script will go live on Sunday morning at 5 am CDT so that you can add your posts first; however, don't have your post go live until 7 am CST Tuesday morning. The linky will be closed Friday night at 11:55 p.m.